Tier 4 visa

Tier 4 visa

We assist in obtaining long-term, more than 6 months, study visa for children, teenagers and adults for their UK schools or Universities.

The applicant must provide proof of enrollment in the relevant educational institution in order to get study visa.

You can come to the UK a maximum of one week before the start of the course if the course lasts for 6 months or less, or one month before the start of the course if the course lasts for more than 6 months.

The validity of the visa depends on study program length.

Student visa itself do not lead to permanent residence card (permanent residence permit or ILR) in the UK, but the period of time holding such visas can be considered in obtaining a residence permit process, based on 10 years residence.

Tier 4 Student visa (General)

You must be over 16 years old, to obtain such type of visa. Your study sponsor institution must confirm that they have accepted you. You must show English knowledge at a certain level, moreover, prove you have sufficient funds to live and pay for your education.

List of required documents

In addition to your passport or other identity card, you must show that you have required sufficient funds to pay for your living expenses and tuition. If you are under 18 years of age, parental or guardians consent from is required. We can provide a list of documents, depending on your circumstances, upon request.

Allowed and prohibited activities:

You can: study and work part-time in almost all companies, depending on your qualifications and sponsor type. You are also allowed to bring your family members.

You cannot: use government benefits and allowances, work in certain positions, such as a professional sportsman or coach, or attend an academy or school funded by local authorities like sponsored or public schools.

Tier 4 Student visa (Child)

Available for children from 4 to 17 years old. The child must be enrolled in a licensed independent educational institution, have sufficient funds to live and pay for education, and provide parental or guardian consent. The duration of the course can be up to 6 years for children under 16, and up to 3 years for students aged 16  and 17 years old.

List of required documents

In addition to your identity card, proof of accommodation and tuition fees funds, parental or guardians consent are also required. The list of additional documents depends on your individual case.

Allowed and prohibited activities:

You can: study at an independent school, work as a student union chairman up to 2 years, and extend your visa. Teenagers over 16 can work part-time job up to 10 hours per week during the semester and full-time during the holidays.

You cannot: study at an academy or school funded by local authorities as sponsored schools, as well as at further education colleges, using government benefits and grants, work at full-time permanent job or work as individual entrepreneur. In addition you cannot also work as a practicing doctor or dentist, professional athlete or coach, or in the entertainment industry. You can’t apply for permanent residence and bring your family members. If your parents want to come with you, they must apply for a Tier 4 student parent visa.

Parent of a Tier 4 child

This type of visa is for those parents who want to accompany their child during their education in the UK. You can extend your visa every year and take care of your child until they turn 12 years old. The parent must have sufficient funds for themselves and their dependents for the whole duration of their stay in the UK including a return ticket. In addition, you must confirm your intention to leave the UK at the end of the visa period.

The visa validity

It is issued for 6 or 12 months with an option to extend it for 12 more months until your child turns 12 years old.

List of required documents

Parents must provide proof of identity, financial means, and the availability of return tickets or funds to purchase these tickets. It is also important to show that you have a permanent place of residence outside the UK., Depending on the situation additional documents may be required.

You are not allowed to: switch to a different visa category after your parent’s visa expiration, use government benefits and grants, have a paid job or bring any dependents with you.


To request a consultation, please fill out the form.