Spouse visa

Spouse (Partner) visa

A Spouse visa allows you to live in the UK with your spouse or partner. Spouse visa applicants can apply on the grounds of their existing close relations to a person permanently residing in the country: a UK citizen, an EU citizen or a UK indefinite leave to remain holder.

If the applicant and their partner satisfy all immigration requirements, a visa will be granted for 2.5 years. The permission can be extended for another 2.5 years, if the applicant and their partner continue to comply with the rules. After 5 years of continuous residence in the UK as a spouse or partner you are entitled to apply for citizenship.

The visa is designed for people who want to enter or settle in the United Kingdom on the grounds of their family relations to a partner who is a UK citizen or an individual permanently residing in the country.

A partner for this visa category defined as following:

  • The applicant’s spouse
  • The applicant’s civil partner
  • fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
  • An individual who lives with the applicant and share a relationship, which can be described as “marriage” or “civil partnership” for at least 2 years before applying

Requirements for a partner application:

In order to obtain a permission to enter the UK as a partner or a spouse, the applicant must meet a number of set requirements.

The main point is to provide evidence of the genuine relationship between the applicant and their partner permanently resident in the UK. Partners must express their intention to live together in the UK. If the couple is not officially married, multiple papers may be required to prove that the partners have been in close family relations for at least 2 years.

All applicants need to meet English requirements and to have a place to reside in the UK.

Our experienced staff specializing in UK immigration will provide advice and recommendation on the spouse visa requirements. We will help to prepare all the supporting documents required in your individual case and successfully obtain a visa.


To request a consultation, please fill out the form.